Tuesday, January 22, 2013

FO: Within A Shell's Heart Shawlette



 I love, love, love how these two colors interact. They look like the insides of a shell to me.

This was a pretty fun, quick knit. It only took me 6 days (although it always takes longer to get to Officially Finished, because I'm so lazy about blocking).

Pattern: Sideways Shawls by Kyoko Nakayoshi, in the Winter '12 Knitscene
Yarn: Hedgehog Fibres Sock (of course!) in Punch and Wallflower
Needles: US6
Mods: I did the whole thing in garter. I also carried the not-being-used yarn up the edge (instead of breaking it and rejoining the other color each time- yech!). It did end up smaller than I like; the pattern calls for sport-weight, and I used fingering. I'm not sure I'd have liked the fabric if I'd gone up to a larger needle.
My Ravelry project page.

No comments: