(I took out the personal info, cuz having it in would be wrong- you know the drill, I imagine.)
I thought we were supposed to answer as briefly as possible (I find questionnaires are usually like that), so I tried to keep it brief- didn't always succeed, though.
All about you:
1. Do you have skillz? (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate, etc): advanced beginner
2. How long have you been knitting? 4+ years
3. What are your favorite fiber colors? Warm colors; mostly green combos or red combos
4. Are there any fiber colors that make you want to hurl? If so which? Neon, pastels
5. Other than bran, what are your favorite fibers? Wool.
6. We all know you love your stash children equally but, what is your favorite yarn to knit with and why? Handspun, because it's nice to use something you've made yourself.
7. Do you prefer stripes, solids, heathered, or some other kind of color combo (or lack thereof) that I didn’t think of? Variegated, handpainted.
8. Other than fiber glass, do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like)? Does acrylic count?
9a. What is your Dream Yarn, the yarn you would marry if only the government would approve of your love? Those really funky hand-made skeins you find on kpixie; I don't even want to make anything, I just want to look.
9b. Is there a yarn that you loathe and despise so much that the very earth may open up and swallow the place where it’s produced? If so by all means, warn us! I really dislike thick-and-thin yarns- make up your mind!
10. Novelty yarns: super cool or blight on the earth? How about the stuff made with them? Novelty yarn is great when used sparingly.
Random Question 1. Other than this, what are you doing right now? Doing? It's 1 am.
11. Do you prefer straight or circular needles (are there any sizes you really need)? How about DPNs? I love them all, because they all have their uses (that's why they were invented).
12. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic, or birch? Have you perhaps found some new needle material to covet? Bamboo is good; it's grabby, and completely airplane-acceptable.
13a. Do you spin or crochet? YES!
13b. If you crochet, do actually enjoy it or is it a means to an end (like for finishing)? Oh no, I'm totally into it.
13c. If you spin do you use a wheel, spindle, or just run around in circles like Ali? Wheel and spindle.
14. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc)? Entrelac. Pretty much because it's a cool word.
15a. What item(s) do you knit the most? Hats. Oh god, the hats!
15b. Anything you’ll never knit again? No, I'm pretty open-ended.
16. What are your favorite items to knit? Socks, though I have yet to complete my first pair.
17. What are you knitting right now? A wrap from Royale Hare.
18. Any projects you haven’t gotten to yet? Stop laughing, regain composure, we’ll wait. Okay seriously, what are you dying to knit that you haven’t gotten to yet? Uh... those socks I've been working on for a year?
Wants and Nots:
19a. Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of? No.
19b. Do you smoke, have pets, or process peanuts where you store your yarn? If so, please declare them here: I have cats, and I can't guarantee the yarn won't ever be in the same room with nuts/shellfish/wheat/etc.
20. Do you have an Amazon.com or knitpicks.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP (please add URL if applicable)? Two amazon wishlists: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2OM6BXYLY5VZV/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go/103-4682808-4859046?%5Fencoding=UTF8&layout=compact&items-per-page=25 and http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2X2TCNM63N1WC/103-4682808-4859046
21. Anything you’ve been longing for or would really love to get (knitting or not)? laceweight mohair, and lace books.
22. What about stuff you don't need at all? cotton.
23. What about knitting accessories? Cable needle, stitch markers.
24. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, favorite things)? Girl Scouts, eBay.
RQ2. Did the last question make you start singing Favorite Things from the Sound of music? No; I dislike the "Sound of Music"
25. Carpe bibliotheca! Uh, any books you would like (knitting or not)? Lace books, fantasy (especially tongue-in-cheek stuff).
26. Any magazines you would like (knitting or not)? Wild Fibers, or Rowan.
27. For those of you who live outside the US, is there anything you'd like that you can't get your hands on? n/a
28. In the event your SP lives outside the US, is there a particular yarn ,etc. you can't find in the US? n/a
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (How about now? Are you singing it now?):
29. Who/What is your favorite...
a. Chocolate: See's.
b. Muppet: Swedish Chef or Beeker
c. Cartoon Character: Malificent from "Sleeping Beauty"
d. Flower: Tiny flowers that grow in rock crevasses.
e. Ice Cream flavor: Vermonty Python (it's new!), Cherry Garcia, coffee... actually, pretty much anything.
f. Fragrance: White Shoulders, or White Rabbit from Black Phoenix Alchemy
g. Shoes to wear: Flats that make my feet look Parisian. Or wedges.
h. Type of garden: One that is carefully manicured to look natural.
i. Animal: Horse, and cat.
j. Beverage: Cream soda.
k. Author: Terry Pratchett.
l. Musician: Too many!
m. Holiday: Food holidays (Passover, Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
n. Time of Day: Early evening in the summer, when there's still lots of light, but the ground is warm and the air cool.
o. Bath or Shower: Shower.
p. Country: France? China? Scotland.
q. Number: 19
r. Card game: Casino
s. Candy: My dad's peanut butter fudge.
RQ3. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Chuck as in throw? Well, then obviously until his back gave out.
Getting to know you, getting to know ALL about you:
30a. How did you learn to knit? After a failed attempt at copying the memory of the motions of little old ladies on TV, I learned from "Stitch 'n' Bitch."
30b. What made you into a Knitter? Being able to buy stuff, and having a portable craft.
31a. What is your oldest UFO and how old is it? A scarf or two that are a couple years old, each.
31b. Why haven’t you finished it? Didn't like the yarn, as it turned out.
32. What is the most exciting thing that happened to you this month, year? I withdrew early from my college.
33. What is your favorite thing to do to waste time? Mess about on the internet (browsing, eBay), read or sleep.
34. The things that make me the happiest are: Imagining owning a yarn/fiber/craft store, working on a story (though I doubt I'll ever finish), teaching camp songs.
35: If you were a Wild West outlaw what would you call yourself? The Duchess (cause that sounds so well-educated and classy- I'd probably be a madam- but an outlaw madam!)
36. If you were candy would you be sweet, sour, or cinnamon? Sweet, and probably one of those ones that are so rich that you can only eat a little at a time, or else you get sick (but you really want to keep eating), like tablet.
37. If you were a fruit which would you be? A kumquat (surprise: sweet on the OUTSIDE, sour on the INSIDE) or an artisan apple.
38. Are you a Java Junkie? How about a Tea-totaler? Yeah- chai all the way; spicy style, out of a box or Starbucks, I love chai
39. Your birthday, in case it falls during the swap and your SP wants to send you a card: January 26, 1986
RQ4. If you HAD to be a character from the Walt Disney universe, who would you be? Malificent; I was once watching Sleeping Beauty, and laughing at something, and she laughed- we have the same laugh.
40. Do you have a personal mantra? Sort of: Credendo Vides ("Believing is Seeing")
41. This space is for rent. Really? I hope it's got rent control, because I'm from San Francisco, where the renters are god.
42. How do you feel about holidays? Will you be celebrating any during the SP round? Fourth of July (another eating holiday for us) is during the round. And, yes, I celebrate holidays, mostly because they're a good excuse to have really big dinners with family and/or friends.
43. How do you really feel about socks? I own a lot, and want to make them, and especially like toe socks.
44. What is your shoe size? More specifically, if your SP were to make you some socks, what is your ankle circumference and foot length? My shoe size is 9; my approximate foot length is 9" and ankle circumference is 11".
45. How do you feel about ponchos? No. Ponchos do not look good on fat girls.
46. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are happy? Dead Can Dance, Mediaeval Baebes, Loreena McKennitt, Lord of the Rings, Sarah MacLachlan
47. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10: 1 being masculine, 10 being an estrogen machine? 6; I'm not really all that girly, but I enjoy some girly stuff, like boned bodices, but I get along much better with guys than girls.
48. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My family is: my parents, and I have 2 cats.
49. What are a few of your life dreams? Owning my own small business, having a public argument with someone and walking away the victor (that sounds bad, but it's true), having at least one child, travelling a lot.
RQ5. Aliens: Been and gone, coming someday, don’t exist, or living among us (please do not site Monkee as proof of your crackpot theories)? The universe- the galaxy- is expansive enough that there has got to be other intelligent life out there; maybe not like Star Trek or Star Wars (or maybe yes), but out there.
50. What languages do you speak (besides English, Pig Latin counts)? Ok, totally Pig Latin, French, some Mandarin, and an eensie bit of Spanish.
51. Hey baby, what’s your sign? How about the Chinese Zodiac? Do you read your horoscope or do you think it’s all bunk? Anybody think it’s bunk and read it anyway? How many questions was that? Aquarius, Ox, and it's total bunk (could we be more vague?); I'm more of a tarot-card person, although that's pushing it.
52. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Bourgeoisie in the Renaissance, probably in England, but maybe France. If we're talking 21st century, then right here in San Francisco, but I'd also have to have a defensible castle somewhere.
53. If you could do anything for a living what would it be? Own a fiber store, and have miraculous good luck with it.
54. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? Power to control the weather; hey, I didn't say I wanted to have it be practical.
55. You're given $10,000 for traveling. Where do you go and why? Back to Beijing, India (oh my god the shopping!), New Zealand (Sheep, and Lord of the Rings), back to France (Caen), Antarctica (exept I'd have to go with my parents, and that costs more than 10k).
56. How frequently would you like to hear from your SP, and what kind of contact would you prefer? I'd prefer email for general contact, but I won't say no to some written notes back and forth (I'm such a mail junkie). And the frequency? Whatever- at least let me know you're there.